Friday 28 January 2022

Battletech - 10th Hastati Sentinels

 So, I've discovered that I'm better when I have an actual deadline to work to.

Last weekend I hosted an Alpha Strike game for a friend who'd never played Battletech before, but was aware of a small amount of the lore and wanted to play as Clan Wolf - thankfully I already had enough of those painted up for him to use them.

However, I didn't want to go back to my existing factions to oppose him in this little battle, so gave myself the aim of getting 3 lances of Mechs painted up in a relatively short space of time - this would top my previous best of 8 in a weekend.

Which unit to paint up though?  I knew the era I wanted to play in, which was the fall of the Republic, so setting it during the early part of the fight on Terra would be an ideal choice and would give me a new unit to tackle - the Republic of the Sphere, specifically the 10th Hastati Sentinels (in their original MWDA colours, not the newer interpretation of black/gold).

2 Days, start to finish with the exception of having primed them the night before so I was ready to go.  Happy to say I did indeed accomplish my task:


Above, the 3 full lances, below a little close up of a few of them:


Ready to go defend Terra from the Wolves!

Next up, a few pics of the actual battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment